Please remember that if you return to this website on a later date the you should delete old Internet Explorer temporary files. Otherwise when downloading a document you may find you do not get the latest version.
The aims of diabetes care are to ensure effective detection, management and treatment for people with diabetes and to provide equity of care in a co-ordinated manner across Primary, Secondary and Tertiary care throughout the region.
- To promote high standards of care in NHS Highland
- To facilitate integration of care of people with diabetes in general practice
- To improve quality of life of people with diabetes by early detection and treatment of the disease
- To minimise the morbidity and mortality associated with diabetes
- The identification and registration of all people with diabetes
- The maintenance of a diabetes register for NHS Highland
- To offer all people with diabetes a high standard of care, including annual review in a primary or secondary care clinic
- To consider referral of appropriate people for specialist assessment
- To audit the care of people with diabetes by following well defined and agreed protocols.